#Block4BLAC: a social distance fundraiser for social good on West Queen West
Saturday June 13 we’re pulling together the West Queen West community for a social distance fundraiser in support of The Black Legal Action Centre (BLAC). With over 20+ neighbouring businesses and 30+ sponsors participating.
All are encouraged to join the block for live music from Raptor’s DJ 4Korners and PogiTheDj, delicious bites from KingCatering, on-site BBQ, grab and go cocktails and treats from Queen West’s best, limited-edition tees featuring the work of Yung Yemi, 70+ giveaways, art auction and more! Hosted by Alicia ‘Ace’ West.
West Queen West on June 13th. From Dovercourt to Dufferin St, 3p– 7p.
Start off on the 6IX Cycle patio, our donation hub, located at 1163 Queen W. We’re asking for a minimum donation of $20 (CASH ONLY) to participate. You’ll receive your neighbourhood bracelet to access the full offerings, including entry into the raffle.
The work must continue.
Our intention is to drive awareness and financial support to BLAC, the only Black-led specialty legal clinic working to combat individual and systemic anti-Black racism in Canada.
With a goal of $10,000+ we want to help further their work to provide free legal services to low and no income Black people in Ontario. BLAC serves all Black Ontarians by providing summary legal advice and referrals, and serves all Black Canadians by engaging in law reform and advocacy.
Social distancing and safety are priority. Don’t ruin it for everybody:
• Gather in groups of 10 people or less
• 6ft markers will be in place. Maintain a distance of 2m with other groups/individuals outside your household
• Use masks in close proximity with others. If you don’t have a mask, we’ll have some for purchase
• If you’re sick, stay home. You can donate through: donorbox.org/donate-to-blac
• “Grab and Go” provided at each location to ensure safety protocols
• Don’t crowd the sidewalks. We encourage the use of open spaces including Lisgar Park and the Curry’s Art Store parking lot
• Donation is CASH ONLY
• No ASL or Deaf interpreters. Wheelchair accessible
spread the good word.